Sunday, February 10, 2008

Border Collies and flyball...

This weekend my breeder Tiffany came to stay at our house because the flyball tournament was fairly close. She brought 3 border collies with her (my mom Rio, my auntie Pipe and Ripley's 1/2 sister Jeepers who is heading to California on Monday to her new home). Wow was it ever fun to have so many BC's around. My mom took a picture of the 3 generations of TNT reds.


Above is: Jeepers (8 week old Flare x Reckon pup), TNT Rio (my mom) and me! Aren't we a great looking group of red dogs? :)

So on Saturday we got up nice and early and I got my first taste of a flyball tournament. Sharkfebst is a NAFA tournament held each Feb in Richmond Hill, ON. I was lucky enough to be allowed to do warm ups as a part of my new team Burnin Rubber.

Above is a picture of me doing the warm up. Grandma Tiff said I looked like a "fixated flyball dog". I am taking that as a compliment :)

For the first race the warm up is used by all the dogs on the team to make sure they are ready to run, so I got to do one recall back to my tug..what a blast that was. I am pretty sure my mom was worried I wouldn't concentrate but I made her very proud. The next time my team was running, just one other dog and I did the warm up so we had more time. This time the team captain told my mom to do 2 box turns and then a recall with me. I was a bit confused and she was rushing so it was a bit of chaos :) I did the recall great though. The team captain Pam told mom to relax and take her time with me so the next time we were up was much better! I did about 4 box turns and a good recall. The final race I got to do the warm up all by myself. We did tons of box turns and then my final recall. Man what a FUN day I had! I can't wait for Wednesday so I can learn more about flyball, I think this is definitely a game I want to play!

I am excited about next weekend, we are off to the 2 day February Deep Freeze Disc Trial! I am hoping that my dad throws the discs well and that I can catch enough to finally get my Advanced Disc Dog title....till next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love Border Collies and flyball do u no any info on the inventors (Herbert Wagner) childhood

Anonymous said...

ur websit e suc