Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I LOVE the tire jump!!

Mom and Dad took Abbey and I to an agility trial on Sunday. It has been such a long time since we actually got to compete! (well a month seems a long time to a Border Collie!). I got to go first and did ok in my 2 Advanced Standard runs. In the first course I was blasting along a line heading right for the tunnel. Just before I entered the tunnel I thought I heard my mom yell "chute" but before I could really turn around and check with her...there was the tunnel! Being the big red boy that I am, I just couldn't stop in time and had an off course. The next round I did a superb teeter flyoff, well it wasn't really as good as some of my older day ones but it was still pretty good ;) Mom made me come back and do it again the way "she" likes me to do it so we didn't Q there either.

Abbey then got to do 2 Master Standard runs. She only needs 1 more Q to get her Masters Dog of Canada title so I know my mom was really hoping for a good round. Unfortunately Abbey knocked down a bar (10"...can you believe it?!) so she didn't Q. Mom was really happy with the run otherwise since she said it was VERY hard. I didn't hear Mom say my was VERY hard! hump!

Both Abbey and I got to run in the Steeplechase class. Abbey went off course by going in the wrong tunnel entrance blowing her chances for a Q. When I went in there, I did amazing! Mom kept saying how proud she was of my run. I also had an off course (but it was a long way from the weaves to the frame so I thought maybe taking a jump on the way would be a good thing) but I kept the bars up and listened well.
The last course was jumpers :) It was very close to the Steeplechase round so I was flying. I did knock the first bar down :( so mom knew we weren't Q'ing. She had me do some hard layering stuff and said she was happy with how I handled that. Then for the final portion you went through the tunnel and then over the jump. I guess you were suppose to turn right for the final 2 jumps but glowing right in front of me was the tire jump!! I LOVE the tire jump!! It was only 3 jumps away to get to it...so I took off as fast as I could. Jump, one stride, jump, one stride, jump...just one more stride left to get to the TIRE!! What?! Is that Mom I hear yelling at me?! What is she doing all the way over on the other side of the ring? Aren't we taking the tire jump? :( I guess not. Next time!!

No comments: