Monday, January 14, 2008

January's "Deep Freeze" Disc Trial

Well we headed west on a 2 1/2hr drive yesterday so that my dad and I could compete in the January Deep Freeze Disc trial. I would love to say that I got another Advanced Q but I have to hang my head and admit it didn't happen. Now having said that, I do have an excuse (or at least I think I do). My dad always takes a practice throw and so he threw it real far over the 30 yard line very close to the wall. I caught the disc and then all of a sudden...I hear a scurrying noise coming from the wall! Now what is a boy to do, I had to go check out what critter is living in the wall. My dad had to come down and grab me to bring me back into the reality that we were playing disc. I came back and we started our official round. It was good at first, the first throw I tracked and caught around the 35 yard mark but then I just don't know. Then next 3 I tracked, jumped, caught them in my mouth and then I just couldn't hold on. The disc was cold, maybe that was it...or was I thinking about that critter...not really sure what it was.

The next round was better, I was on my game! The first throw over the 30 but then dad messed up (ok, so he did 5 in a row over the 30) but his next throw was about 28 yard :( We missed the Q by just 2 yards. I caught the next one but that wasn't enough. My dad and mom still said I was a good boy and gave me tons of treats and attention....a good day in all.

Here is me catching the disc, what style I have (oh and did I mention that I love to look at the cameraman? You don't want to have a bad pic so you have to pose)

No comments: